Become A Member
Application for Membership
- A person who wishes to be admitted to Senate shall submit his CV to the President and specify an existing member of Senate as a reference.
- The SEC shall review the CV within thirty (30) days of receipt, to determine if the applicant meets the membership requirements.
- The SEC or an Officer shall as part of the review process, interview the applicant and his reference.
- Where the SEC does not approve the application, it shall immediately write to the applicant declining the application.
- Where the SEC approves the application, it shall inform the applicant of the objectives of Senate and of the privileges and responsibilities of membership, following which the SEC shall request the applicant to complete a membership proposal form and permit his candidature to be published to members for their approval.
- A member who objects to the admission of the applicant shall, within seven (7) days after the publication of the candidature of the applicant, write to the SEC, stating the reasons for his objection.
- Where any such objection is filed, the SEC shall review the matter. Where the SEC, after the review, still approves of the candidature, then despite the objection, the applicant, if he has received the approval of ten (10) members of Senate, shall be deemed to have been elected to membership.
- Where no written objection is received by the SEC after the publication of the candidature of the applicant, and the applicant receives the approval of ten (10) members of Senate, he shall be deemed to have been elected to membership.
- An applicant who is deemed to have been elected to membership shall within seven (7) days after approval, pay his membership fees, whereupon his name shall be entered into the register of members.